The FEO Award has been created to recognize an individual who has made significant contributions in research and clinical investigations that have advanced the diagnosis, treatment and/or prevention in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
Each year the FEO will appoint one award for the best paper published, within the previous two years, in the national journal of an FEO Member Society. Papers are eligible provided that they are original.
The objective of the award is to encourage and enhance the publication of results of original research and clinical applications of orthodontic interest. The winner will be awarded a certificate and an honorarium at the discression of the Board.
Protocol for submission.
- The Presidents, or nominated person, of FEO Member Societies will be asked to select the best two articles published in the official Journal of the Society.
- The articles must be original.
- The articles must have been published in the journal within the preceding two years to the award.
- At least one of the authors must be a member of a National Orthodontic Society of FEO.
- The FEO Secretary-General must receive the articles by the date announced.
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- Two copies of each article must be sent to the Secretary-General.
- If the articles are not published in English they must be accompanied with an authenticated English translation.
- The selected papers will be anonymised before submission to the award committee.
- The Board of Directors of FEO and the Presidents of the Member Societies composes the Award Committee.
- If a society has a representative on the Board of Directors of FEO that representative will serve on the award committee.
- The award committee’s decision will be final.
Selection will be based on.
- The scope of nominee’s research, with special emphasis being placed on its impact on Orthodontics.
- The implication of the results on clinical applications.
2007 FEO AWARD: Dr.Steve Chadwick
2008 FEO AWARD: J.Stirling, G. Latchfird, D.O. Morris, J.Kindelan, R.J. Spencer, H.L. Becker. “ Elective Orthognatic Treatment Decisión Making”. Journal Orthodontic June. 2007.
2009 FEO AWARD: Paola Cozza, F.Ballanti, M.Castellano and E.Fanucci. Progress in Orthodontics issue 9/2008 (Italy). “The role of computer tomography in the evaluation of orthodontic treatment in adult patients with obstructive sleep apnea síndrome (OSA)
2009 FEO Best Clinical Paper: S. Mehdi, M C Mano, O.Sorel, G Cathelineau, .“ Air abrasion of enamel”. Orthodontie francaise. 80
2010 FEO Best Clinical Paper: Jose Chaques Asensi (Spain). “The extraction of a lower incisor in Orthodontics: Indications, planning of the treatment and clinical handling in different malocclussions. Ortodoncia Española.
2010 FEO AWARD: N.A. Mandall, R.Cousley, A.DiBias, D.Fiona, S. Littlewood, R.Mattick, S.Nute, B.Doherty, N.Stivaros, R.M.McDowall, I. Shargill, H. Worthington.çClass III skeletal pattern, early orthopedic treatment, p: 15 monthsf ollow up. Journal of Orthodontic. 37 (3) 149-161. Sept. 2010 rotraction facemask randomized controlled trial
2011 FEO Best Clinical Paper: Mehmet Bayran, MetinNur. “Upper Molar distalization with a new tooth and miniscrews upported appliances. A ckinical study.
2011 FEO AWARD: AngelikaStellzig –Eisenhauer, EvaDecker, Philipp Meyer-Marcotty, ChristianeRau, BrittaS.Fiebig,Wolfram Kress, Kathrin Saar,Franz Ruschendorf, Norbert Hubner, Tiemo Grimm, Emil Witt, Bernhard H.F.Weber. “Primary Failure of eruption (PFE). Clinical and molecular Genetics Analysis” .
2012 FEO Best Clinical Paper: Nicky Anne Mandall, Richard Cousley, Andrew DiBiase, Fiona Dyer, Simon Littlewood, Rye Mattick, Spencer Nute, Barbara Doherty, Naia Stivaros, Ross McDowall, Inderjit Shargill, Amreen Ahmad, Tanya Walsh and Helen Worthington. “Is early class protraction facemask treatment effective?. A multicentre randomized ,controlled trial: 3-year follow –up”. Journal of Orthodontics 2012.Vol 39. 176-185.
2012 FEO AWARD: Comparing characteristics in lateral cephalograms of the dentoalveolar and skeletal complexes, the pharyns, the soft palate and the hyoidbone of patients with obstructive sleep apnea síndrome with or without metabolic síndrome. “. Hellenic Orthodontic Review, 2012. 15: 63-80.
SofiaK. Mavroudi, Eufimia Daskalopoulou Vlachogianni, Athanasios E. Athanasiou.
2013 FEO Best Clinical Paper: Dr.Chilles (France). “Unorthodox orthodontics: incisor palatal root torque without torqueing”.
2013 FEO AWARD: Dr. Diercke. (Germany). “IL-1 b and compressive forces lead to a significant induction of RANKL – expression in primary human cemen to blasts.”
2014 FEO AWARD: Katjia Diercke, Annette Kohl, Christopher J. Lux, RalfErber..“ IL-1B compressive forces lead to a signific antinduction of RANKL –expression in primary human cementoblasts.”. Journal of Orofacial Orthopedics. 2012. 70, 397-412.
2014 FEO BEST CLINICAL PAPER: Daniel Chilles. (France). “ Unorthodox orthodontics incisor palatal root torque with out torquing”. Orthod Fr 2013. 84, 271-278.
2015 FEO AWARD: C.Kirschneck, P.Proff, M. Maurer, C. Reicheneder, P. Romer. (Germany)
“Orthodontic forces add to nicotine-inducedloss of periodontal bone”. DOI. Springer –Velay Berlin Heidelberg 2015.
FEO BEST CLINICAL PAPER: Marco Rosa, Erica Frumusa, Patrizia Lucchi, Alberto Caproglio. “Early treatment of Class III Malocclussion by RME and facemask therapy with deciduous dentition anchorge”. SIDO.